Thursday, January 20, 2011

Activity 3 1-20-11

Observations-
Tubes with different gases make different colors
1. Neon-
when i put on the glasses i see diferent colors all over the room. I can see rainbow colors coming off my computer screen. I see red, yellow, and orange lines coming off of the neon light at the top, bottom, left and right, and the corners of the light

2. Helium-
I see rainbow colors all over the room, but i do not the red, yellow, and orange colors to the right, left, top and bottom of the light. The colors coming off the light are blue, green, and yellow.. and maybe red at the very tips of it.

3. Argon-
I see purple and rainbow color lines coming off the top, bottom, left and right sides of the light. This one was very hard to see.

4. Nitrogen-
I see the colors coming off of this one really well, I see lots of colors coming of the the top, bottom, left, and right.

5. Carbon Dioxide-
This one looks just like the last one. I can see the colors in the same place and they look like the same colors. The one before this one looked brighter than this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment